Saturday, September 23, 2006

Rambling and Venting

I did write a pithy, articulate "1st Post" for this yesterday, but one of my "failures" was losing my whole blog and having to start all over again. Let's try one more time, and I'll see what I can remember:

Beginning a blog may be one of the most self-oriented acts I've done in my adult life. Assuming that anyone else might want to read my online journal seems arrogant and pretentious. At the same time, however, I am really feeling the need to vent, to talk through events and to journal, for my benefit if not for anyone else's.

Talking things through has always been therapeutic for me. While others might argue that I already talk plenty, the need to get out a whole thought from beginning to end, without being interrupted by the kids, the dogs, the phone, is challenging me to try this!

For YOU, the benefit is that you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to!

Like everyone's, my life is a work in progress. Life is sweet. Even when circumstances threaten me, when I feel overwhelmed, life is still sweet.

No comments: