Saturday, September 30, 2006

Clucking

OK. So my husband has this quirky sense of humour, right? Sometime last year he came home all happy about this "perfect ring tone" he'd heard on someone's cell phone. He proceeded to find it online and download it to his phone.

Except... it went to MY phone instead of his. Blame TelusMobility.

It's a clucking chicken ring tone. Buuuck, bruuuuuck, bukbuk. Brauuuuk, bruuuuuauk, bucbruuuuuck... Now my phone clucks like a broody hen.

Thinking it was funny, and since my phone doesn't actually ring that often, I left it on the chicken ring tone for a few months and then changed it back to some innocuous song.

Last month, April changed it back to the chicken. Not enough chickens in our lives.

Fast forward to yesterday.....

Calgary is a big city with lots of classy places to shop. Yesterday I was in this VERY classy mall (lots of travertine, fountains, $$$), thankfully in Old Navy. My phone rings. Multiple people give my purse quizzical looks. Calmly, I take out my phone and talk to my friend Kerry, trying to look as though my purse makes clucking noises normally and I'm not at all concerned by this.

Later, I'm taking an elevator down to the parking garage, riding with an older, dignified couple who have probably just gone out for a lovely lunch and are heading back to their BMW. They look disapprovingly at my bright and colourful Old Navy bag. I am overcome by desire to exit the elevator before my phone rings again.

Think about this next time you call me on my cell phone! If I sound like I've just had a good laugh, it's probably still set on "chicken."

Susan

No comments: