Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Over A Hurdle

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your prayers and kind words yesterday. Mom's surgery was in the afternoon and it seems to have gone quite well. She was awfully unhappy last night with vertigo and nausea but is much better today.

Unfortunately the cancer seems to be the less desirable ductal variety but right now we're just concentrating on getting better from the surgery. Mom's doctor was really encouraging about the expected recovery from this; he said to expect to do well, and to FEEL well in a pretty short period of time.

I know more about breast cancer than I did a month ago, that's for sure. Maybe a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but we learn about the circumstances of life as we proceed through them, don't we? I know I will be really faithful about my mammograms now, for the rest of my life.

I continue to be so burstingly (that's a grade one word!!) proud of my Mom. She is awesome. She is stepping out into the circumstances of her life with prayer, humour, hope and realism.

Love to you all - keep praying,
Susan

No comments: