Friday, October 27, 2006

Cycles

Hi.

Well, the lymph node report is in and it looks like of the 9 nodes taken, 2 are malignant. Although it's hard for me to tell from this far away, Mom seems to be handling the news ok. We haven't told our kids yet...we'll do that this weekend. I suppose the next bit of information to glean is a liver scan, which has not yet been scheduled.

Again I feel this weird sense of being in two places. I am so thankful to be home, going on with my family in our normal daily cycle. At the same time I feel drawn to Saskatoon and the happenings in Mom's life. I imagine this is what it will feel like when the kids start leaving the nest: split responsibilities.

From where I sit at my desk, here at home, I can see out the window and look at the sky and the open land southwest of Calgary. The cycle of seasons goes on out there: colours and shades, cool air and change.

In the quiet of this hour I find myself trying to let go of fall and mentally prepare for winter. The garage needs to have the bikes moved out so we can park both cars in there again. The yard needs to be cleaned up for it's winter rest.

What stage of the cycle are we at with Mom? It's nowhere near time to give up and let go, and yet at the same time there are thoughts to be considered. Preparations for more tests. Decisions to be made for chemo, or not for chemo.

Thankfully we know that there is a Master in charge of the seasons. There is a Master in charge of my Mom and her physical, mental and spiritual well being. The same Master that has shown He always brings spring gives us a future and a hope.

Love from
Susan

No comments: