Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's Good to be Home

Hi again.

What a gift it is to be home again, back in the whirl of kids and Steve and dogs and school. Last night as we sat down to supper I looked around the table at my little family and was just happy. I spent a whole week away and missed them all so much.

At the same time, I am longing to be back in Saskatoon with Mom! Aren't humans funny that way? We can experience completely opposite emotions, both at the same time.

Mom continues to do well recovering from the surgery. What a star. She doesn't complain about drains and dressings. She talks about how the incision hurts, but it isn't really "painful." She is so stoic. Lots would spend the recovery trying to make everyone feel sorry for them, but not Mom! I really admire that; hopefully I can remember the lesson!

We find out the lymph node results on Thursday. I guess that's the next hurdle but let's take them only one at a time.

My own family seems to have weathered my absence quite well. The kids are happy, fed and clean. The house looks great. The dogs were ecstatic to see me. My students gave me a thousand hugs at school yesterday. It's good to be home.

Love,
Susan

No comments: