Monday, February 06, 2012

More blessings on this snowy Monday.

More to be thankful for today:

62. A 15 year old son who willingly and cheerfully learns to do his own laundry. AND THEN HE DOES IT!!
63. Fresh snow - just a skiff. I love watching it fall in the dark: tiny points of light hurrying to rest on the old snow below.
64. Potted roses from my inlaws. Trudy was definite that she wanted to get a plant that doesn't look beautiful just yet, so that I could have the pleasure of watching the buds open and be glorious in their tiny, sweet way.
65. Supper (provided by Laura) in the crockpot already. Another day that we won't starve!
66. Lavendar soap.
67. Donair pizza from Domino's. Sweet & spicy, yum.
68. Digestive cookies. Where have you been all this time? I haven't had any for years and years, then a nurse brought them to me in the hospital and they were THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN. No lie. Well, maybe a bit of hyperbole.
69. Steve changed my dressing last night and left the bandages open for a few minutes so I could scratch. Bliss. No lie. Not even hyperbole.
70. My old scar was really ugly, and my surgeon this time cut away a lot of the old scar tissue so I have a fresh, smaller incision. My knee still looks like a railway switching yard, but it'll be a bit better, and I am grateful.
71. Time to rest. I am already bored, after only one week (of up to 12) off. But - honestly I am so thankful that I can lie back and catch my breath for awhile.

Blessed,
Susan

No comments: